EnviroMedia Social Marketing is seeking a rising creative leader ready to use his or her skills to do some good in the world.
The Art Director provides senior design guidance on all accounts and projects. The Art Director is responsible for scheduling all work assigned to the creative team and is also responsible for branding and visually communicating the product or company in a way that will appeal to the target audience under appropriate budget constraints. The Art director will rely on extensive experience and tested judgement to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity is expected.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedules and tracks all job assigned to the Creative Department and keeps Creative Director informed of status and progress on all jobs
- The Art Director should keep updated on the practices and procedures in the industry
- The Art Director should keep abreast of new trends and technologies in design
- Actively participate in discussions of strategy, execution and creative solutions as it relates to current or future projects for a client
- Maintains a strong working relationship with the Creative Director as an advisor on issues relating to the support, growth, development and well-being of the design staff
- Collaborates with project teams throughout the creative process and production processes
- Provides art direction on projects assigned to Graphic Designers
- Directs photo shoots at times working in conjunction with the Creative Director
- Leads critiques of work in group and individual sessions (overall team)
- Responsible for implementing and updating information architecture for maximum efficiency of job tracking and output in the Creative Department
- Responsible for the selection of the best artistic/graphic freelance talent with approval from Creative Director and is also responsible for alerting the Creative Director when freelance help is needed
- Advises the Creative Director on matters pertinent to the design team and the design department in general
- Ability to articulate the benefits of a creative approach
- Ability to participate in the development of proposals for new business
- Knowledge of standard design, pre-press techniques and software
- A thorough understanding of graphic design tools, including PhotoShop, QuarkXpress and Illustrator is necessary
- Must possess the ability to exercise aesthetic judgment and help others to understand the creative process required for excellent work
Integrates EnviroMedia values into all dealing internal and external.
- Decision Making
- Cutting Edge
- Track Record
- Conceptual Ability
- Strategic Skills
- Risk Taking
- Self Awareness
- Team player
- Oral Communication
- Goal Settings
- Balance in Life
Education and Experience required for this position:
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Fine Arts), at least five years graphic design and/or art direction experience and at least two years in a supervisory position.
Benefits: We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and an extensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision benefits, STD, LTD, 401(k) plan, paid time off and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: Only applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered. Desired salary must be included in your cover letter. No phone calls please.
TO APPLY: Submit your resume and cover letter including desired salary to [email protected]
EnviroMedia Social Marketing is an equal employment opportunity employer.