We’re looking for a rising creative leader and word person with the conceptual and strategic thinking skills to make us even better. As in One Show/CA better.
As ACD/writer, you’ll work closely with our creative director to continue building the creative reputation of our growing 60-person full-service agency.
Us? We’re proud to be the nation’s first and leading agency focused exclusively on environmental and public health issues. We’re big believers in the work hard/play hard model. We offer competitive benefits. And we make a pretty mean margarita.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In this position you’ll be asked to supervise some projects, but also roll up your sleeves and function as a senior-level copywriting genius. We’ll expect you to:
- Inspire and mentor creative staff — particularly copywriters — to develop and deliver creatively and strategically outstanding work
- Shepherd assigned broadcast, print, interactive, brand identity and other creative projects from the initial briefing to client sell-through and production — all with minimal hand-holding
- Deliver concepts, headlines, scripts and copy for day-to-day assignments, either solo or working with a creative partner
- Not just show up for, but actively lead the creative portion of client presentations and selected new business proposals
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience as a copywriter in an ad agency environment
- Exceptional creative portfolio that shows off strong concepts, headlines and copywriting across print, radio, TV, interactive and more. Strong radio is a must. Experience developing brand or program names is a bonus.
- A dynamic presenter who can clearly articulate the strategic foundation for the work and present creative ideas in a compelling and persuasive manner to clients and colleagues
- Able to maintain quality standards and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A problem solver who finds ways to make the most of sometimes tight budgets and still deliver great work
- A strategic thinker able to help a larger team arrive at the meaningful nugget that sets the stage for great creative work or a winning new business pitch
- Must work collaboratively with others, both inside and outside the department
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience supervising creative teams
- Spanish-language skills, while not necessary, are a big plus
Benefits: We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and for full-time employees, an extensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision benefits, STD, LTD, 401(k) plan, paid time off and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: Only applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered. Desired salary must be included with your cover letter. No phone calls, please.
TO APPLY: Submit your resume and cover letter, including desired salary, to [email protected].
EnviroMedia Social Marketing is an equal opportunity employer.