Creative Services Manager
EnviroMedia is looking for a driven, process-oriented leader to help lead our creative services team. The Creative Services Manager partners with the creative director to manage the department’s operations. An ideal candidate will have a strong project management and production background in marketing or advertising. He or she will strive for the efficient management of creative resources, know how to work with cross-functional teams, and be an expert in managing project workflow.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage timelines, budgets, and high-level workflow for all agency creative projects.
- Keep all creative projects moving smoothly through the agency.
- Determine creative team resources and forecast staffing (including full-time, part-time, and contractors) based on workloads and oncoming projects.
- Train staff on creative project workflow.
- Maintain job descriptions for department positions.
- Analyze and regularly report on trends to help guide future staffing plans.
- Generate purchase orders and verify vendor invoices. This includes working with the accounting, human resources, and information technology departments to ensure freelancers are set up properly in our system and able to begin work promptly.
- Lead the identification and development of new creative/vendor relationships and resources.
- Oversee creative producers — including broadcast, experiential, interactive, and print — while providing guidance to teams.
- Conduct agency-wide training on processes and onboard new creative team members.
- Prepare staffing cost estimates (labor hours and hard costs) for proposals, new projects, and campaign initiatives.
- Partner with the creative, production, and project management teams to facilitate communication and carry out projects according to deadlines and budgets.
- Monitor and manage the creative team’s hours.
- Monitor project progress and timelines.
- Supervise creative compliance with style guides and scopes of work.
- Work closely with the creative director to balance workloads and advocate for appropriate timelines on creative projects.
- Oversee and improve our project management process, keeping the parts that work well and suggesting ways we can do better.
- Work seamlessly with all departments in both the Austin and Washington, D.C., offices.
- Attend key planning meetings and help manage new business pitches.
Required Skills and Abilities
Applicants must have:
- Strong communication skills — written and verbal.
- Strong customer service skills.
- A passion for advocacy in the environmental, public health, and public safety arenas.
- Expert-level organizational skills.
- Strong prioritization and time-management skills.
- Strong project management skills, including planning, follow-through and
- The ability to solve problems and get results.
- An open decision-making process that welcomes input from others.
- A background that permits strategic thinking.
- The desire to collaborate with coworkers as partners.
- A positive attitude.
Education and Experience
Applicants must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in advertising, communications or a related field (though significant experience may be substituted for an advertising-related degree).
- A minimum of 3-5 years of advertising agency experience in either a production or project management capacity.
- Experience with agency/creative/production department functions and operations.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- The ability to plan, organize, and delegate work.
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of, and proficiency in, project management software (i.e., Asana, Basecamp, etc.).
- Experience in comfortably managing simultaneous projects, and the ability to prioritize expectations by both staff and clients.
Benefits: EnviroMedia values the time and efforts of all employees. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive salary and an extensive benefits package. Benefits for full-time employees include medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and future growth opportunities within the company. We also work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees. EnviroMedia is a place where people can learn and grow while they work. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative atmosphere where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: Only applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered. Desired salary must be included with your cover letter or your resume will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
To apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please list Creative Services Manager in the title line of your email.
EnviroMedia is an equal opportunity employer.