Print Production Manager (Contract Position)
EnviroMedia Social Marketing is seeking an experienced part-timer to manage and grow our print production capabilities.
For 15 years and counting, our growing 50-person, full-service agency has focused exclusively on clients in the environmental and public health arenas. We practice what we preach, so as Print Production Manager, you’ll be expected to help keep us at the forefront of sustainable, environmentally friendly production practices. We’ll look to you to recommend the materials and vendors that will help us look our best, getting the message out in the most effective way while minimizing the impact on the planet.
You’ll be running the show when it comes to printing and production, working closely with our creative, account service and outreach staff to deliver great work. While we insist on accuracy and quality, EnviroMedia is also refreshingly free from bureaucratic thinking. See an area for improvement? Make a case for how to do it better.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help EnviroMedia lead the industry in sustainable printing and production practices. Continually keep up with developments in these areas, sharing key learning with agency staff.
- Balance sometimes tight deadlines and budgets with the need to consistently deliver the highest quality work at the best price.
- Build relationships with vendors, actively seeking out those who share our mission to minimize the negative environmental impact of printing and production.
- Maintain accurate and transparent records of vendor bids, purchase orders and other important documents.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 5+ years in related field.
- Attention to detail, quality and accuracy, from estimates and paperwork to press checks and other steps designed to ensure a quality end product.
- Familiarity with every stage of the production process, from file requirements to proofs to running a press check.
- Excellent vendor network and relationships, with a willingness to continually expand and improve that list.
- Strong communication skills, proactively keeping internal and client teams aware of project milestones and job progress.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve, both in identifying creative solutions to client needs at the beginning of a project and in quickly coming up with effective fixes when something goes wrong.
- Self-starter able to effectively run the show, but also collaborate and communicate with others in the agency.
- Strong record keeping and financial management skills.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about improving the environment and public health.
It is a plus if applicants:
- Are fluent in Spanish.
- Have agency experience.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: Only applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
To apply: Submit your resume and desired salary, to [email protected] Please list Print Production Manager in the title line of your email.
EnviroMedia is an equal opportunity employer.